Roommate in Custody After Purdue University Student Killed in Dorm: Police
Stabbin' !
2022-12-02 15:50:54 UTC
The USA has gone to Hell because of Democrats.
A 22-year-old Purdue University student who is facing a murder
charge in connection with the death of his 20-year-old roommate
called authorities to their dorm room soon after Wednesday
morning's fatal incident.

Purdue Police Chief Lesley Wiete identified the victim as Varun
Manish Chheda, a data science major at the renowned West
Lafayette, Ind., school.

Wiete would not speculate on a motive while talking to reporters
earlier this morning, but did say the suspect — a South Korean
national named Ji Min Sha — lived with the victim in a first-
floor dorm room in McCutcheon Hall.

The killing happened in their shared dorm room, which is where
Purdue University police took Sha into custody.

Students in adjacent rooms were moved to safety.

Sha, who goes by the nickname Jimmy, is a cyber security major
at Purdue, Wiete said.

An autopsy performed on Wednesday revealed that Chheda was
stabbed to death, CBS4 Indy reports. He died from "multiple
sharp force traumatic injuries," according to the Tippecanoe
County Coroner's Office, per the outlet.

Mitch Daniels, Purdue's president, released a statement this
morning, calling the crime "as tragic an event as we can imagine
happening on our campus."

Daniels added: "Our hearts and thoughts go out to all of those
affected by this terrible event. We do not have all the details
yet. Our Purdue University Police Department is conducting a
thorough investigation of this incident so that we all may learn
more about what transpired."

Counselors are being provided to students who need them.

Daniels' statement notes that "the safety and security of our
students is the single highest priority on our campus."

It is unclear if Sha has retained an attorney who can speak on
his behalf.

This is the second homicide on the school's campus in less than
a decade.

On Jan. 14, 2014, Cody Cousins stabbed fellow student Andrew
Boldt, 21, to death in Purdue's Electrical Engineering building,
reports the Indianapolis Star.

He openly confessed to the killing, pleaded guilty in court and
received a 65-year prison sentence.

Cousins, 24, died by suicide in prison in late 2014.

https://people.com/crime/roommate-in-custody-purdue-university-
student-killed-dorm/
Stabbin' !
2022-12-02 16:00:59 UTC
The USA has gone to Hell because of Democrats.
A Barnard College freshman has tragically died after being
stabbed multiple times at a New York City park.

Tessa Majors, an 18-year-old student, was found stabbed at
Morningside Park near W. 116th St. and Morningside Drive at
around 5:35 p.m. on Wednesday, New York City Police Department
confirmed to PEOPLE.

According to authorities, the student was taken to Mount Sinai
St. Luke’s Hospital, where she was pronounced dead. The victim
had multiple stab wounds throughout her body, police said.

Officials told ABC7 that a group of suspects had approached the
woman and demanded she hand over her belongings. They then
stabbed her in the torso and fled the scene on foot, according
to the outlet.

Va. College Student Allegedly Stabbed to Death by Roommate, Who
Told Police ‘I Killed Her’
Authorities said the injured woman climbed the stairs near to
park’s exit and collapsed on the sidewalk in front of a security
guard booth. Though ABC7 initially reported that the booth was
empty, a spokesperson for Columbia University confirmed to
PEOPLE that a security officer “was at his post” and came to the
victim’s aid immediately upon recognizing she was injured.

ABC7 reports a second 911 call was made, in which the caller
described the suspect as wearing a green jacket.

An uncharged phone was found on the ground, as well as a closed
knife and woman’s hat at the base of the stairs in the park,
according to the outlet.

According to New York Daily News, the police — following an
earlier report of a robbery suspect who was also wearing a green
jacket — tracked a trail of blood to the nearby Grant Houses
apartments, where they arrested a 16-year-old who authorities
believe fit the description of the attacker that was given by a
witness.

A spokesperson for the NYPD told PEOPLE they cannot confirm if
the suspect that was taken into custody is linked to the
stabbing.

No arrests in connection to the attack have been made and an
investigation is ongoing, according to police.

Barnard College president Sian Leah Beilock released a public
letter to the student body Wednesday morning, reading, “With
broken hearts, we share tragic news about the death of one of
our students. Earlier this evening, Tessa Majors, a first year
student at Barnard, was fatally injured during an armed robbery
that occurred off campus in Morningside Park.”

“Tessa was just beginning her journey at Barnard and in life. We
mourn this devastating murder of an extraordinary young woman
and member of our community,” she wrote. “This is an unthinkable
tragedy that has shaken us to our core. Please know that we are
all grieving together and I am thinking of you as we process
this awful news as a community.”

In a statement provided to PEOPLE, Majors’ family said they
“lost a very special, very talented, and very well-loved young
woman. Tess shone bright in this world, and our hearts will
never be the same.”

https://people.com/crime/barnard-college-student-dead-fatal-
stabbing-new-york-city-park/
Stabbin' !
2022-12-02 18:12:03 UTC
The USA has gone to Hell because of Democrats.
A Columbia University graduate student has died after being
stabbed near the school's New York City campus on Thursday on
his way home from soccer practice.

Davide Giri, 30, was stabbed in the abdomen just before 11 p.m.
local time Thursday near West 123 St. and Amsterdam Ave., at the
north end of Morningside Park, according to a statement from the
New York Police Department obtained by PEOPLE. Giri was later
pronounced dead at a local hospital.

Police say a second person was stabbed in the torso about 15
minutes later at 110th Street and Morningside Drive. He was
taken to Mount Sinai-Saint Luke's Hospital in stable condition.

The suspect, Vincent Pinkney, 25, was located by police at West
104th Street and Central Park West on the Upper West Side,
according to the statement. Police allegedly saw Pinkney
"menacing" a third victim with a knife inside Central Park
moments after the second attack.

N.Y.C. Teen Sentenced to 9 Years to Life in Prison for the
Murder of Barnard Student Tessa Majors
Pinkney was arrested and charged with murder, attempted murder,
assault, attempted assault, and three counts of criminal
possession of a weapon, per police. The suspect was taken into
custody, and a knife was taken from his possession.

An investigation into the stabbings is ongoing.

NY International FC, an amateur soccer team, confirmed Friday
that Giri was returning home from practice when he was attacked.
The club called him "the nicest and brightest person on the
team" who "was a big contributor to our successes."

Columbia University said it is "deeply saddened" by Giri's death
in a statement shared Friday on Twitter. The next day, the
school announced that the second victim, identified as Roberto
Malaspina, "is also a member of the Columbia community" that had
just arrived from Italy to begin several months as a visiting
scholar.

The university also announced that the NYPD had committed to
temporarily assigning patrol cars inside Morningside Park 24
hours a day to help "further enhance security" in the area. The
school also promised to increase foot patrols on sections of
Broadway and Amsterdam Avenue.

A 30-minute service will be held in honor of Giri at the
Cathedral of St. John the Divine on Amsterdam Avenue at 7 p.m.
on Sunday. Members of the Columbia community held a vigil for
Giri on Butler Lawn on Friday.

According to WABC, Pinkney is a suspected gang member and was
arrested for gang assault in 2013 before being released on
parole five years later. He was also charged with assault in
2013 and conspiracy in 2014.

In December 2019, Barnard College student Tessa Majors was
stabbed to death near the scene of the recent stabbing in
Morningside Park. Three teenagers were arrested in connection to
her murder, two of which have pleaded guilty, PEOPLE previously
reported.

https://people.com/crime/columbia-university-student-stabbed-to-
death-while-walking-home-from-soccer-practice/